Hey Friends, We All Love our Privacy. Therefore we like to hide some files on our Android phone, does not matter what it is, we don’t want any other person to see up these files.
Most People Simply Install file hiding App or file locking app from Google Play Store like “AppLocker” to hide files on their Android Device. But You Guys Don’t Know that You Can Hide Your Files Without Any Android App.
So I am Going to Teach you a Method Below which will help you to Hide Your Files Directly From File Manager.
Hide files on Android without using any apps?
1. Firstly, open your File Manager & Create a new folder. Then Move all the files, you want to hide into that folder.
2. Then Go to File Manager Settings. & Enable the option of “Show Hidden Files“.
3. Now rename that newly created folder, which has files you want to hide.
During rename just add a dot “.” before all characters. And save it. For example, if your folder name is “My Folder”, then just rename it as “.My Folder“.
4. Now again go back to your File Manager settings and set “Hide Hidden Folders” or disable the option that we enabled in “Step 2” above
5. Done! Now your folder is successfully hidden, check your gallery.
If you want to unhide files just enable “Show Hidden Files” option then rename the folder by removing dot “.”
Hence the above method 1 is not working in some new Android smartphones especially on Oreo & above.
So, Follow This method of simply adding a .nomedia file in the folder where we are hiding the files. So the folder with “.nomedia” file will be hidden from the gallery.
Now, what is “nomedia” file? — “nomedia” file is simply a file with an extension “.nomedia”, like video files have “.mp4”, “.3gp” extension.
1. Open File Manager App & Create New Folder.
Move the files you want to hide into a newly created folder. This time move one useless image with them too.
Here you can see that an extra image file “bla file.jpg” with files I want to hide.
2. In this step, we are going to create our “nomedia” file. Now rename your unwanted file to “.nomedia”.
Don’t forget to erase full name along with the extension & save it.
Now File Manager will ask permission to change the file extension, then hit “OK”. See the example above. My unwanted file was “bla file.jpg”, then I renamed it to “.nomedia”.
3- Hurray! You Successfully Hide Your Files from the Gallery. If files are still visible there, then restart your device.
NOTE– If you want to unhide your files just rename “.nomedia” file to some to some other file extension or delete the file
So that is it. These are the two easiest tricks to hide files on Android without using any android apps.
If you are facing any problem or know some other tricks to hide files, then please comment below.